Terence C. Ahern
Instructional Design & Technology
West Virginia University
PO Box 6122
Morgantown, WV 26506
- Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University, 1991
Major: Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Systems Design
- M.A., San Francisco State University, 1983
- M.A., The University of Chicago, 1981
- M.A., The Graduate Theological Union, 1978
Major: Biblical Studies
- B.A., The University of California, Santa Cruz, 1974
Major: Religious Studies
- TE 611 Computer Mediated Communication
- TE 750 Web-Based Instructional Design
- 2003-2004. Principle Investigator. The RedPencil Project. Mini-grant --The Foundation California State University Monterey Bay
- 2000. Principle Investigator. Improving the Instructional Congruency of Educational Software. Multidisciplinary Seed Grant, Texas Tech University.
Recent Scholarly Efforts
- Ahern, T.C., Talent-Runnels, M., Thomas, J., Lan, W., Xioming & X. Cyrus J. Social Coherence: The Effect of Social Grounding on Collaboration in a Computer-Mediated Small Group Discussion. The Internet and Higher Education (Accepted for Publication)
- Ahern, T.C., Van Cleave, N, Martindale, T & Smorgun, J. (2003) Curator: Learning Construction Matrix. Proceedings of the Frontiers in Education Conference (pp. F4F 19-24). Boulder, CO:IEEE.
- Ahern, T.C. (in press) Chapter 11: Hardware and Networking. In Robert Price Teaching On-Line: A Guide for Authors and Teachers.
- Ahern, T.C. (2005) The effect of paired-programming and instructional design on student performance and satisfaction in a beginning programming course. ACMCSE 2005
- Ahern, T.C. (2005) Teachers, Taxonomies and Technology: Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association. Montreal: Canada.
- Ahern, T.C. (August 2004) RedPencil: Providing timely feedback online. Paper presented at the Interactive Learning Technologies Society of Applied Learning Technology.
Honors, Awards, Recognitions:
- 2004. Summer Fellowship: CSU Faculty, Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity Award.
- 1998. Nominated for Bernie J. Rushing Research Award, College of Education. Texas Tech. University.
- 1995. Texas Tech Ex-Student Association New Faculty Award.
- 1993. Outstanding Paper award presented at the meeting of the Southwest Administrative Services Association, New Orleans.