Background Image for Header:
We seek opportunities to serve others and are committed to providing the highest quality of service.
We ask questions, seek new opportunities and change through innovation.
We are respectful, transparent and inclusive with each other.
We perform at our very best every day to create a University that is responsive, efficient and effective.
We support and value each other’s contributions as we build a community that is One WVU.
WVU is a family of distinctive campuses united by a single mission. From the groundbreaking research of our flagship in Morgantown to the liberal arts hub of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — we are leveraging our talents and resources to create a better future for West Virginia and the World.
At WVU, going first is in our blood. We’re bold enough for big ideas — and determined to launch them.
R1: Doctoral Universities — Highest research activity as described by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- Jun 20 7:30 AM New Student Orientation
- Jun 20 9:30 AM West Virginia & Regional History Center - West Virginia Day
- Jun 24 All Day 2nd Part of the Summer Term
- Jun 26 7:00 PM IMC Online Information Session
- Jun 30 11:00 AM Cooper's Rock Hike/Picnic
- WVU celebrates West Virginia’s 156th birthday with latest gift from the Blenko family Jun 19th 2019
- WVU Athletics Communications Earns Nation’s Best 19 Awards Jun 19th 2019
- WVU Extension Service and CDC project announces community partnerships to support healthy lifestyles in southern West Virginia Jun 19th 2019
WVU ranks nationally for prestigious scholarships: 25 Rhodes Scholars, 23 Truman Scholars, 45 Goldwater Scholars, 3 George C. Marshall (British) Scholars, 5 Morris K. Udall Scholars, 5 USA Today All-USA College Academic First Team Members (and 11 academic team honorees), 26 Boren Scholars, 63 Gilman Scholars, 59 Fulbright Scholars, 3 Department of Homeland Security Scholars, 30 Critical Language Scholars, one Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Scholar, 5 National Institute of Standards and Technology Fellowships and 25 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships.