Background Image for Header:
We seek opportunities to serve others and are committed to providing the highest quality of service.
We ask questions, seek new opportunities and change through innovation.
We are respectful, transparent and inclusive with each other.
We perform at our very best every day to create a University that is responsive, efficient and effective.
We support and value each other’s contributions as we build a community that is One WVU.
WVU is a family of distinctive campuses united by a single mission. From the groundbreaking research of our flagship in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — we are leveraging our talents and resources to create a better future for West Virginia and the World.
At WVU, going first is in our blood. We’re bold enough for big ideas — and determined to launch them.
R1: Doctoral Universities — Highest research activity as described by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- Jun 18 All Day Juneteenth
- Jun 28 All Day Second Part of the Summer 2021 Term
- Jul 05 All Day Independence Day (Celebrated on July 5)
- Aug 06 All Day Last day of classes for summer 2021
- Aug 13 All Day Faculty Contract (9 month start date) for 2021-2022
- WVU to offer students, employees incentives for COVID-19 vaccine verification Jun 17th 2021
- New leaders named in John Chambers College of Business and Economics and Start-up West Virginia as Reyes departs for new role at UIC Jun 16th 2021
- WVU to fully reopen campuses for fall 2021 semester Jun 15th 2021
WVU ranks nationally for prestigious scholarships: 25 Rhodes Scholars, 24 Truman Scholars, 45 Goldwater Scholars, 3 George C. Marshall (British) Scholars, 5 Morris K. Udall Scholars, 5 USA Today All-USA College Academic First Team Members (and 11 academic team honorees), 26 Boren Scholars, 70 Gilman Scholars, 65 Fulbright Scholars, 3 Department of Homeland Security Scholars, 32 Critical Language Scholars, one Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Scholar, and 26 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships.