Background Image for Header:
We seek opportunities to serve others and are committed to providing the highest quality of service.
We ask questions, seek new opportunities and change through innovation.
We are respectful, transparent and inclusive with each other.
We perform at our very best every day to create a University that is responsive, efficient and effective.
We support and value each other’s contributions as we build a community that is One WVU.
WVU is a family of distinctive campuses united by a single mission. From the groundbreaking research of our flagship in Morgantown to the liberal arts hub of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — we are leveraging our talents and resources to create a better future for West Virginia and the World.
At WVU, going first is in our blood. We’re bold enough for big ideas — and determined to launch them.
R1: Doctoral Universities — Highest research activity as described by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- Oct 23 8:00 PM WVU Women's Soccer at Oklahoma
- Oct 24 5:30 PM WVU Football at Texas Tech
- Oct 28 7:00 PM Festival of Ideas- Clemantine Wamariya-Author of 'The Girl Who Smiled Beads'
- Oct 29 12:00 PM Marketing Communications Online Graduate Programs Information Session
- Oct 30 7:00 PM WVU Women's Soccer vs Kansas
- New technology to improve underground mine safety in development by WVU engineers Oct 23rd 2020
- Donors boost scholarship support for students via ‘We Are Stronger Together’ initiative Oct 22nd 2020
- WVU’s unique blend of engineering expertise helps secure Virgin Hyperloop Certification Center in West Virginia Oct 21st 2020
WVU ranks nationally for prestigious scholarships: 25 Rhodes Scholars, 24 Truman Scholars, 45 Goldwater Scholars, 3 George C. Marshall (British) Scholars, 5 Morris K. Udall Scholars, 5 USA Today All-USA College Academic First Team Members (and 11 academic team honorees), 26 Boren Scholars, 70 Gilman Scholars, 65 Fulbright Scholars, 3 Department of Homeland Security Scholars, 32 Critical Language Scholars, one Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Scholar, and 26 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships.