Background Image for Header:
We seek opportunities to serve others and are committed to providing the highest quality of service.
We ask questions, seek new opportunities and change through innovation.
We are respectful, transparent and inclusive with each other.
We perform at our very best every day to create a University that is responsive, efficient and effective.
We support and value each other’s contributions as we build a community that is One WVU.
WVU is a family of distinctive campuses united by a single mission. From the groundbreaking research of our flagship in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — we are leveraging our talents and resources to create a better future for West Virginia and the World.
At WVU, going first is in our blood. We’re bold enough for big ideas — and determined to launch them.
R1: Doctoral Universities — Highest research activity as described by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- Apr 20 1:00 PM Campus Conversation: WVU Sustainability
- Apr 21 12:00 PM Marketing Communications Online Graduate Programs Information Session
- Apr 24 1:00 PM Gold-Blue Spring Football Game
- May 03 All Day Last Day of Classes (Change to calendar)
- May 04 All Day Finals Week
- WVU connecting southern West Virginians with substance use disorder to recovery resources, jobs, transportation and more Apr 16th 2021
- WVU student named Newman Civic Fellow to create mentorship opportunities for future female engineers Apr 15th 2021
- Political science student named WVU’s 25th Truman Scholar Apr 14th 2021
WVU ranks nationally for prestigious scholarships: 25 Rhodes Scholars, 24 Truman Scholars, 45 Goldwater Scholars, 3 George C. Marshall (British) Scholars, 5 Morris K. Udall Scholars, 5 USA Today All-USA College Academic First Team Members (and 11 academic team honorees), 26 Boren Scholars, 70 Gilman Scholars, 65 Fulbright Scholars, 3 Department of Homeland Security Scholars, 32 Critical Language Scholars, one Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Scholar, and 26 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships.