Background Image for Header:
We seek opportunities to serve others and are committed to providing the highest quality of service.
We ask questions, seek new opportunities and change through innovation.
We are respectful, transparent and inclusive with each other.
We perform at our very best every day to create a University that is responsive, efficient and effective.
We support and value each other’s contributions as we build a community that is One WVU.
WVU is a family of distinctive campuses united by a single mission. From the groundbreaking research of our flagship in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — we are leveraging our talents and resources to create a better future for West Virginia and the World.
At WVU, going first is in our blood. We’re bold enough for big ideas — and determined to launch them.
R1: Doctoral Universities — Highest research activity as described by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- Jan 25 7:00 PM Sisterhood Coalition Opening Mixer
- Jan 26 6:00 PM The WVU Planetarium presents: The Winter Night Sky
- Jan 26 8:00 PM WVU Men's Basketball vs Oklahoma
- Jan 29 2:00 PM WVU Men's Basketball at Arkansas
- Jan 29 2:00 PM WVU Women's Basketball vs Baylor
- A year later: $25M gift to WVU fosters flywheel effect for West Virginia’s outdoor economy Jan 21st 2022
- Future trillion dollar ‘space economy’ threatened by debris, WVU researcher says Jan 21st 2022
- WVCTSI one of 15 hub sites to lead national study of long-term effects of COVID-19 in adults Jan 20th 2022
WVU ranks nationally for prestigious scholarships: 25 Rhodes Scholars, 25 Truman Scholars, 46 Goldwater Scholars, 4 George C. Marshall (British) Scholars, 6 Morris K. Udall Scholars, 5 USA Today All-USA College Academic First Team Members (and 11 academic team honorees), 28 Boren Scholars, 75 Gilman Scholars, 70 Fulbright Scholars, 3 Department of Homeland Security Scholars, 36 Critical Language Scholars, one Schwarzman Scholar, one Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Scholar, and 27 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships.