Background Image for Header:
We seek opportunities to serve others and are committed to providing the highest quality of service.
We ask questions, seek new opportunities and change through innovation.
We are respectful, transparent and inclusive with each other.
We perform at our very best every day to create a University that is responsive, efficient and effective.
We support and value each other’s contributions as we build a community that is One WVU.
WVU is a family of distinctive campuses united by a single mission. From the groundbreaking research of our flagship in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — we are leveraging our talents and resources to create a better future for West Virginia and the World.
At WVU, going first is in our blood. We’re bold enough for big ideas — and determined to launch them.
R1: Doctoral Universities — Highest research activity as described by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- Jan 16 2:00 PM WVU Women's Basketball vs Oklahoma State
- Jan 18 All Day Martin Luther King Day
- Jan 19 All Day On Campus First Day of Classes
- Jan 19 All Day WVU Men's Basketball vs Oklahoma State-Postponed
- Jan 20 6:00 PM Marketing Communications Online Graduate Programs Information Session
- Shooting for the moon: WVU qualifies for final round of NASA Centennial Challenge Jan 15th 2021
- Diversity & Society: New course encourages students to become comfortable with the uncomfortable Jan 14th 2021
- Presidential inaugurations boost tourism, but not this year, WVU economist says Jan 14th 2021
WVU ranks nationally for prestigious scholarships: 25 Rhodes Scholars, 24 Truman Scholars, 45 Goldwater Scholars, 3 George C. Marshall (British) Scholars, 5 Morris K. Udall Scholars, 5 USA Today All-USA College Academic First Team Members (and 11 academic team honorees), 26 Boren Scholars, 70 Gilman Scholars, 65 Fulbright Scholars, 3 Department of Homeland Security Scholars, 32 Critical Language Scholars, one Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Scholar, and 26 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships.