Scholarships, Grants and Loans
- WVU now offers automatic scholarships for test-optional applicants and score-sending applicants. View our scholarship table to estimate eligibility.
- Information about internal and external scholarships, terms and conditions for renewal and much more can be on the Financial Aid: Scholarships page.
Scholarships: West Virginia ResidentsThe state of West Virginia sponsors Promise Scholarships for West Virginia resident students.
- See our Promise FAQs to learn about using the Promise Scholarship at WVU.
- Visit the Promise Scholarship website at cfwv.com for current scholarship criteria.
View grant information, including federal grants, WVU grants and some state grants.
There are a variety of loans available for students and for their parents. Learn about loans and what these mean for your students.
We strongly encourage you to reach out to your regional recruiter for a conversation about loans if you need more details or some support in explaining the implications of loans to your students.
The WVU FAFSA school code is 003827. See our advice for completing the FAFSA.
Learn how the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) gives students access to grants, loans and work-study jobs that can help fund their education.Watch on YouTube
How to Fill Out the FAFSA
Check out this video for info about the FAFSA and the resources available to help fill out this important application.Watch on YouTube
Important Dates and Information
Help your students stay on track for enrollment.
- Aug. 1: Application opens
- Oct. 2: Housing Application opens
- December: FAFSA opens
- Mar. 1: FAFSA Priority Deadline
- Apr. 1: Honors College Application Deadline
- June: New Student Orientation
- June 1: First-time freshmen must be admitted by June 1 to qualify for merit scholarships. Test scores and GPA information submitted for already admitted students is not automatically applied to merit.
- FAFSA School Code: 003827
- SAT Code: 5904
- ACT Code: 4540
- TOEFL Code: 5904
Have questions? Feedback? A request for how we can better serve you? Contact the Regional Recruitment Team and tell us more!