Scholarship Charts and Calculator
Net Price Calculator
The Net Price Calculator assists incoming first-time freshmen to understand the costs that are associated with their first year.
Scholarships, Grants and Loans
- WVU now offers automatic scholarships for test-optional applicants and score-sending applicants. View scholarship charts for each applicant type.
- Information about internal and external scholarships, terms and conditions for renewal and much more can be on the Financial Aid: Scholarships. page.
Scholarships: West Virginia Residents
- Sponsored by the state of West Virginia for West Virginia resident students.
- Currently pays up to $4,750 per year for up to four undergraduate years or completion of a bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.
- Review the Promise Scholarship website at cfwv.com for current scholarship criteria.
- Additional details can be found on the Promise FAQs page.
- To be considered for Promise, incoming first-time freshmen are required to complete the PROMISE application and submit the FAFSA via the myStudentAid app or at fafsa.ed.gov by March 1 for the upcoming academic year.
- Learn more about using the Promise Scholarship at WVU.
View grant information, including federal grants, WVU grants and some state grants.
There are a variety of loans available for students and for their parents. Learn about loans and what these mean for your students.
We strongly encourage you to reach out to your regional recruiter for a conversation about loans if you need more details or some support in explaining the implications of loans to your students.
The WVU FAFSA school code is 003827. See our advice for completing the FAFSA.
Learn how the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) gives students access to grants, loans and work-study jobs that can help fund their education.Watch on YouTube
How to Fill Out the FAFSA
Check out this video for info about the FAFSA and the resources available to help fill out this important application.Watch on YouTube
Important Dates and Information
Help your students stay on track for enrollment.
- Aug. 1: Application opens
- Oct. 1: Housing Application and FAFSA opens
- Mar. 1: Scholarship deadline. Students must be admitted by this date to qualify for WVU merit scholarships.
- Apr. 1: Honors College Application Deadline
- June: New Student Orientation
- FAFSA School Code: 003827
- SAT Code: 5904
- ACT Code: 4540
- TOEFL Code: 5904
Have questions? Feedback? A request for how we can better serve you? Contact the Regional Recruitment Team and tell us more!