Do you have the following checked off your Mountaineer to-do list?
Incoming Family Checklist
This checklist is most helpful for families whose student will be a first-time freshman.
- Sign up to be part of the Mountaineer Parents Club (it’s free).
- Join the Official Families of the Class of 2025 Facebook group.
- Complete the FAFSA – needed for financial aid.
- Pay the academic deposit.
- Register for New Student Orientation in June.
- Choose a dining plan.
- Review tuition payment plans (if needed).
- Visit campus through a tour or event.
- Learn about FERPA and the Parent/Guest Portal.
- Review our Living-Learning Communities and 12 residence halls.
- Pay housing deposit - $225.
- Apply for housing. First-time freshmen and transfer students with fewer than 24 credit hours are required to live in a residence hall.
- Review the “What to Bring/Leave” lists.
- Rent a MicroFridge.
- Complete the Student Health Insurance Waiver and immunization records by August 1. All students are required to have health insurance.
- First-time student borrowers of federal loans must complete a Loan Agreement and Entrance Counseling at studentaid.gov.