Do you have the following checked off your Mountaineer to-do list?
Incoming Family Checklist
This checklist is most helpful for families whose student will be a first-time freshman.
- Pay the academic deposit.
- Review the major requirements for your student's major to determine if test optional is possible. Please review our Admissions website to learn more about test optional.
- Sign up to be part of the Mountaineer Parents Club (it’s free).
- Join the Official Families of the Class of 2025 Facebook group.
- Complete the FAFSA – needed for financial aid.
- Review our Living-Learning Communities and 12 residence halls.
- Pay housing deposit - $225.
- Apply for housing. First-time freshmen and transfer students with fewer than 24 credit hours are required to live in a residence hall.
- Review tuition payment plans (if needed) when available.
- Learn about FERPA and the Parent/Guest Portal.
- Check out the Net Price Calculator.
We will continually update this list as more items become available.