Do you have the following checked off your Mountaineer to-do list?
Incoming Family Checklist
This checklist is most helpful for families whose student will be a first-time freshman.
- Sign up to be part of the Mountaineer Parents Club (it’s free).
- Join the Official Families of the Class of 2025 Facebook group.
- Complete the FAFSA – needed for financial aid.
- Pay the academic deposit.
- Register for New Student Orientation in June. More information coming soon.
- Choose a dining plan. More information coming soon.
- Review tuition payment plans (if needed) when available.
- Visit campus through a virtual event.
- Learn about FERPA and the Parent/Guest Portal.
- Review our Living-Learning Communities and 12 residence halls.
- Pay housing deposit - $225.
- Apply for housing. First-time freshmen and transfer students with fewer than 24 credit hours are required to live in a residence hall.
- Review the “What to Bring/Leave” lists.
- Rent a MicroFridge. More information coming soon.
- Complete the Student Health Insurance Waiver and immunization records by August 1. All students are required to have health insurance. More information coming soon.
We will continually update this list as more items become available.