Isolation Release for Staff
This message signifies that [NAME] has completed five days of COVID-19 precautions on [DATE]. Depending on your situation, you may be released from COVID-19 precautions or you may need to continue isolating.
You should remain in isolation until the following criteria are met:
- You are at least five full days from your test date.
- If you experienced symptoms, those symptoms have significantly improved, AND you have been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- If you continue to have fevers and/or symptoms that do not improve within five days, you should remain in isolation until you meet the above criteria.
- If you do not develop symptoms, you may discontinue self-isolation six days after the date of your first positive test.
- You should wear a well-fitted face mask for an additional five days following the completion of your isolation period when around other people, practice physical distancing when possible and avoid large social gatherings.
If you were asymptomatic and develop symptoms within 10 days of when you were tested, the clock restarts at day 0 on the day of symptom onset.
Once you meet the above guidelines for returning to campus, you can resume your normal activities. You must continue to wear a mask for five days after completion of your isolation period.
If you continue to have fever or your other symptoms have not improved after 5 days of isolation, you should wait to end your isolation until you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved. If you continue to experience significant symptoms, please arrange for an alternate treatment plan with your primary care provider.
If you are experiencing severe or significant symptoms when you receive this letter or start to experience symptoms after receiving this letter, please contact your primary care provider or Care Services at CAREServices@mail.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University thanks you for your cooperation during this time. You have done your part during this time to keep our campus as safe as possible. Please continue to follow all COVID-19 protocols as you return to campus.
If you have any questions, please let us know at CAREServices@mail.wvu.edu.