Admissions Text Messaging Terms of Service
West Virginia University’s Enrollment Management offers a complimentary SMS/Text Service (“Service”) for applicants and potential applicants (“Subscribers”) to West Virginia University (“WVU”) to receive text messages regarding the application process, application updates, general information related to WVU, and various events held at or in conjunction with WVU. By checking the box to sign up for, or opt into” this Service, you expressly consent to receive non-marketing and marketing texts messages from WVU and you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. Please read them carefully. WVU reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate this Service at any time for any reason, including without limitation, your failure to follow the Terms of Service described as follows:
- Upon your opt-in to this Service, you will receive WVU text messages intended to provide you with information about the application process, application updates, general information related to WVU, and various events held at or in conjunction with WVU.
- To opt-in to receive WVU updates, text TEXTME to 90808 to receive messages.
- Persons under 18 years of age must seek parental permission before opting into this Service. This Service is not available to persons under 13 years of age. Persons opting into the Service agree as a condition of use that they are a resident of the United States and either (a) 18 years of age or older, or (b) if under 18, have parental permission to use this Service and are over 13 years of age.
- Your Personal Data will be collected, used, and disclosed as outlined in the Admissions Text Messaging Privacy Statement. Please review this statement, which governs collection, use, and disclosure of information sent or received via SMS/text in conjunction with this Service. Any information you provide via the WVU website (wvu.edu) or any website with the WVU domain is governed by the WVU Privacy Notice.
- Message frequency will vary.
- WVU does not charge for this Service; however, message and data rates may apply to each text message sent or received in connection with this Service. Please contact your mobile telephone carrier for pricing plans.
- You can cancel this Service at any time. Just text "STOP" to 90808. We will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us. You will only be unsubscribing from this Service, as defined above. If you have subscribed to other text alerts provided by WVU, you must separately unsubscribe to those.
- You can text "HELP" to 90808 for assistance. We will respond with instructions on how to use this Service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- Note that SMS communications from WVU may not be available through all mobile carriers. Enrollment Management SMS communications are currently available through the following carriers: AT&T, Sprint/Nextel, Carolina West, ClearSky, Cellcom, Virgin Mobile, C Spire, Boost, Cincinnati Bell, T-Mobile, Interop U.S. Cellular, nTelos and MetroPCS. T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- This Service is offered “as is” without warranty to its performance or efficacy. This Service is intended to be a complimentary service. Information presented through this Service is believed to be correct at the time of the text communication; however, it is not a substitute for your responsibility for meeting all application requirements and deadlines.
- Neither WVU nor its agents, officers, trustees, employees, faculty or students makes any warranty with respect to the efficacy of this Service or the results obtained therefrom. WVU expressly disclaims any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied. Each Subscriber assumes full responsibility for meeting all application requirements and deadlines and agrees that in no event will WVU or its agents, officers, trustees, employees, faculty or students be liable for incidental, special, indirect, consequential or punitive damages whatsoever arising out of or related to this Service and/or Subscriber’s use or inability to use this Service, however caused, whether under a theory of contract, warranty, tort, products liability or otherwise, even if WVU has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Delivery of information and content to a mobile device may fail due to a variety of circumstances or conditions. You understand and acknowledge that network services, including but not limited to mobile network services, are outside the control of the WVU. WVU will be liable for failures or delays in providing this Service, including, without limitation, delayed or undelivered messages, no matter the cause of such failures or delays.
- For more information or to correct or update your personal information, contact us at email@example.com.