According to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, if you are vaccinated you can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic. In accordance with this guidance, vaccinated people are not expected to wear a mask on WVU campuses.
Unvaccinated people are expected to wear a mask inside all University facilities, as well as outdoors when they are around other people.
WVU Medicine requires face coverings/masks for patients and healthcare workers in all patient-care areas. All patients and individuals who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to wear face coverings upon entering the WVU Health Sciences Center.
In accordance to CDC guidance, masks are required even if you’ve been vaccinated in hospitals, nursing homes, buses, trains, planes, schools and prisons and in accordance with local government and business policies. Masks are required for all passengers on campus transportation, including the PRT and buses, through at least Sept. 13.
Cloth coverings worn on campus should:
- Fit over the nose and mouth and fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Not have an exhalation valve
- Only be worn for one day and must be properly cleaned before they are used again
- Not be used if they become wet or contaminated
- Be replaced with clean substitutes, as needed
- Be handled as little as possible
- Not be worn with or instead of respiratory protection when respirators are needed
Masks with exhalation valves should not be used.
Failure to Comply
- Failure to comply with Student Health and Safety Policies and the University’s Student Code of Conduct regarding personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks and face coverings, will result in one or more of the following measures: written warning, removal from class, probation, suspension and/or expulsion from the University.
- Employees will be subject to discipline for failure to comply with policies relating to PPE.
- Reporting violations
Return to list of topics