For the protection of the University community, we've implemented new campus safety policies.
- Health and Safety Policies (for all students)
- Residence Hall Health and Safety Policies (for students living in residence halls)
- University Apartments Health and Safety Guidance (for students living in University Apartments)
- Attendance Policy
- Emergency Leave Policy
- Employees who fail to abide by the safety protocols described in the WVU Return to On-Campus Work Playbook will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, including warning, suspension, termination or other disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Enforcement guidelines for employees will be unveiled closer to the start of the fall semester.
Student and Employee Requirements
Employees and students are accountable for following these requirements:
- COVID-19 education module
- COVID-19 test and subsequent testing
- Self-reporting a positive COVID-19 test result
- Isolation and quarantine periods
- Contact tracing efforts
- Proper use of masks/face coverings
- Local, state and federal physical distancing and maximum crowd size orders
- Wellness checks
We need everyone to be accountable and follow University, local and state health and safety guidelines. If you see violations, please use these steps to notify us.
To Report a Student
To report a student not following protocols, submit a complaint to Student Conduct.
To Report a Faculty Member
To report a faculty member who is not following protocols contact the faculty member’s department chair (see the college/department’s website for contact info). Include the faculty member’s name, how they are breaking protocol and class section/number. If nothing is changed, contact the Provost’s Office at email@example.com and Talent and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Report a Staff Member
To report a staff member who is not following the protocols, email email@example.com.
To Report a Vendor or Contractor
Vendors and contractors are required to follow guidelines for suppliers. If you witness instances of non-compliance, please contact the Procurement, Contracting and Payment Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-5711.
To Report an Off-Campus Party
To report a large gathering or a house party close to campus, you can notify University Police by calling 304-293-COPS. In addition, you can report the incident anonymously through the LiveSafe app. Click “report incident,” select “other,” and include information in your tip such as the location, time, approximate number of people, etc. If more information is needed, University Police dispatchers may ask you follow-up questions through the app.
Currently, social gatherings within Morgantown are limited to 25 people, but the limit does not apply to any essential activity, business or entity like religious services, weddings, group meetings and conferences.
Daily Wellness Survey
- The daily wellness survey is not required this spring.
- Select groups (e.g., some Health Sciences programs) may continue to complete it as determined by those programs. Students and employees will receive communications from individual departments/units if they will continue to require completion of the survey.
- Self-monitor and alert your primary care physician if COVID-19 symptoms surface.
Stop the Spread
Personal accountability is the key to our safe return to campus. Do your part to keep everyone safe.Do Your Part
Return to Campus Conversations
You’re welcome to join live discussions — or watch recordings of previous conversations whenever it’s convenient.Conversations