What to Do If: You're Planning an Event
In alignment with CDC guidance, WVU encourages avoiding large events and gatherings, when possible, to help contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
In alignment with CDC guidance, WVU continues to encourage avoiding large events, programs, activities and gatherings, when possible, to help contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Guidance on large and small gatherings can be found on the CDC website: Guidance for Organizing Large Events and Gatherings.
- Consider the level of risk when deciding to have an event.
- Promote healthy behaviors and maintain healthy environments to reduce risk when events and gatherings are held.
- Be prepared if someone gets sick during or after the event.
- Event planners should consider tracking attendance at events and maintaining an attendance record to assist the local health department with case investigation and contact tracing for event attendees if necessary.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are not required for employees and students, although they are strongly encouraged.
- WVU asks event planners and participants to follow current CDC recommendations to accommodate those who are unvaccinated and those who are fully vaccinated.
Stop the Spread
Personal accountability is the key to our safe return to campus. Do your part to keep everyone safe.Do Your Part
Return to Campus Conversations
You’re welcome to join live discussions — or watch recordings of previous conversations whenever it’s convenient.Conversations