What You Need to Know: Employee Expectations
We've developed plans and guidelines for faculty and staff to ensure we're working in as safe a manner as possible.
Return to On-Campus Work Playbook
- All faculty and staff are expected to fully comply with the policies, procedures and guidelines described in the Return to On-Campus Work Playbook.
- Failure to follow these safety protocols may result in counseling and/or disciplinary action — up to and including termination of employment — in accordance with WVU Board of Governors (BOG) Talent and Culture Rule 3.8 and BOG Faculty Rule 4.2.
- Guidance for Specific Workplace Scenarios
- Personal Safety Practices
On-Campus Staffing Levels
- Expanded on-campus staffing will be controlled and coordinated to mitigate potential risks and ensure the safety of employees and WVU's broader campus community.
- Departments and units should not increase staffing levels on campus beyond current needs to support on-site operations.
- If localized outbreaks emerge, tighter restrictions and reduced on-campus staffing levels may need to be implemented.
What You Need to Know About ...
- Employees who can work remotely and fulfill their work duties should continue to do so to reduce the number of individuals on campus and the potential spread of COVID-19.
- These arrangements, which should be approved by the employee’s immediate supervisor, may be done on a full or partial day/week schedule as appropriate.
- Employees who work remotely must complete a Telecommuting Agreement.
- All employees, including those working remotely, are required to complete the daily wellness survey.
Temporary Parking Program for Remote Workers
Transportation and Parking will continue the special temporary parking program for employees who are working exclusively remotely this spring.
- Remote employees’ parking permits will be suspended through Sunday, May 30.
- Parking fees included as an automatic payroll deduction will continue to be suspended.
- Permits for remote employees remain active in WVU’s parking database, which allows Transportation and Parking to share important parking updates and announcements with these employees.
- Remote employees’ permits and/or parking spaces will be guaranteed upon their return to on-campus work in the summer.
Daily Wellness Survey
- The daily wellness survey is not required this spring.
- Select groups (e.g., some Health Sciences programs) may continue to complete it as determined by those programs. Students and employees will receive communications from individual departments/units if they will continue to require completion of the survey.
- Self-monitor and alert your primary care physician if COVID-19 symptoms surface.
Workplace Accommodations and Modifications
Accommodations and Modifications
- Medical conditions that necessitate reasonable accommodations related to COVID-19 are being addressed as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodations.
- In accordance with the ADA Amendments Act, certain factors do not meet the definition of a disability (e.g., age, pregnancy and the caregiving of vulnerable family members). In these cases, employees will be referred to WVU Medical Management.
- Reasonable modifications will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- When applicable, other provisions may run concurrently with accommodations such as FMLA, FFCRA, leave and other University programs.
How to Seek Accommodations
Faculty and staff should contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they have been instructed to return to on-campus work and:
- have concerns due to a medical condition that places them in a higher-risk group,
- have members of their household who are considered higher-risk,
- are pregnant or
- wish to seek ADA Accommodations.
Visit the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion website for more information and to access the COVID-19 Modification Request Form.
Stop the Spread
Personal accountability is the key to our safe return to campus. Do your part to keep everyone safe.Do Your Part
Return to Campus Conversations
You’re welcome to join live discussions — or watch recordings of previous conversations whenever it’s convenient.Conversations