What You Need to Know: Health Sciences
At the Morgantown Health Sciences Campus, we're committed to continuing education, research, service and patient care in the safest way possible. Read Dr. Clay Marsh's blog for more insight.
WVU Medicine Travel Guidelines
Due to the nature of their work, WVU clinical faculty, residents and fellows will follow WVU Medicine guidelines on travel:
- For domestic travel: An employee who visited a domestic location and who is asymptomatic can return to work with no restrictions. The employee will be required to wear a face mask and self-monitor for symptoms.
- For international travel/cruise ship travel:
- If an employee has received the COVID vaccine, and it has been 14 days after the second dose and they have visited an international location or were on a cruise ship within 3 months of receiving the second dose; no quarantine is necessary.
- If an employee has not received the COVID vaccine and has visited an international location or were on a cruise ship; prior to starting or returning to work, they must self-quarantine/self-monitor for 5 days, then come to work with surgical mask/appropriate mask and any other required appropriate PPE.
- If an employee has tested positive for COVID and they have traveled internationally within 3 months of initial diagnosis; no quarantine is necessary. If it is after the 3 months and they have traveled internationally, they must self-quarantine/self-monitor for 5 days, then come to work with surgical mask/appropriate mask and any other required appropriate PPE.
Other faculty, staff and students should follow WVU Travel Guidelines.
- Non-human research activities resumed at 100% capacity on June 20.
- Human research should continue under previous spring 2021 guidance while any potential changes are pending.
Stop the Spread
Personal accountability is the key to our safe return to campus. Do your part to keep everyone safe.Do Your Part
Return to Campus Conversations
You’re welcome to join live discussions — or watch recordings of previous conversations whenever it’s convenient.Conversations