What You Need to Know: Transportation
Campus transportation will be operating at 100% capacity with masks required for all passengers.
Hybrid and Remote Employees
A special parking program for hybrid and remote employees uses a daily parking pass/rate versus an annual pass/monthly rate.
- Downtown, Evansdale, College of Law and Health Sciences: One-day rates are $5 per day. Permits can be purchased online via the Parking Portal.
- One Waterfront Place: In addition to the $5 daily rate option (one-day permits are available via the Parking Portal), hybrid and remote employees who have parking permits for the garage at One Waterfront Place may choose to keep their permits and pay a reduced rate of $20 per month.
- For additional information or questions, contact the Parking Management Office at 304-293-5502 or email transportation
Bus Routes and Schedule
- Morgantown's public bus system, Mountain Line Transit Authority, has several Mountain Line campus bus routes that take passengers between areas of campus and beyond.
- In addition to the PRT and Mountain Line services, the University will operate a limited number of buses to transport students and employees between the Downtown and Evansdale areas of campus. Fall 2021 WVU Bus Routes
- When the PRT goes down for an extended period of time, buses will run in its place.
- Buses will stop near the PRT stations to pick up those passengers who were waiting for the PRT.
- Bus services will end when the PRT resumes service.
While You're on Public Transportation
- All passengers are required to wear face masks or face coverings through at least Jan. 18, 2022.
- You should put on your mask/covering before boarding and wear it the entire trip.
- Avoid touching surfaces with your hands.
When You Leave Public Transportation
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol as soon as possible and before removing your mask or face covering.
Mountain Line Buses
- Mountain Line is free for faculty, staff and students with a valid WVU ID.
- WVU has two designated rideshare pickup locations for Uber and Lyft:
- Biking is another great (and green) way for students, faculty and staff to get around campus. Bike rack locations are available on WVU's campus maps.
Stop the Spread
Personal accountability is the key to our safe return to campus. Do your part to keep everyone safe.Do Your Part
Return to Campus Conversations
You’re welcome to join live discussions — or watch recordings of previous conversations whenever it’s convenient.Conversations