Decide WVUGet Ready!
Are you registered for Decide WVU? Find event info. Check the schedule, learn about parking and start planning your day! Not registered yet? Keep scrolling to learn more!
WVU is more than a place — we’re a family that will inspire you, support you and help you find your purpose. Experience it for yourself at Decide WVU, our events exclusively for admitted students on Saturday, April 15.
Register now to secure your spot! Optional activities are offered the night before.
Register for Decide WVU
Why Attend View Schedule Day of Details
Reasons to Attend
Here are three — but there are so many more!
Explore Your Major
Learn more about the major to which you're admitted, as well as the college or school that houses your academic program. You'll hear from faculty, staff and current students from your college or school.
Check the schedule to see what you can expect.
Customize Your Experience
You can pick and choose what you want to learn more about and attend — and you’ll get all your questions answered.
Explore Campus and Morgantown
Visiting Morgantown is the best way to feel the Mountaineer spirit and discover the real WVU student experience.
At Decide WVU, you can explore our beautiful campus, talk with our friendly people and let Country Roads take you home.
Decide WVU Schedule
Here's a quick summary of activities. More will be added soon!
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Sweat a Little – Work out, swim a lap, play a game or get your steps in. The Student Rec Center on the Evansdale Area of Campus as well as the new Downtown Fitness Center located inside Reynolds Hall on the Downtown Area of Campus are open! Simply show your Decide WVU registration confirmation email to the staff at the front desk for access to the gym.
- 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Score Some Gear – Receive 10% off all WVU items (clothing, gifts) at WVU bookstores and at the Café. Valid in-store and online. Code "WELCOME582" is good at Downtown, Evansdale Crossing, and Health Sciences locations.
Downtown - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Evansdale - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Health Sciences Center - 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 10 p.m.-2 a.m. WVUp All Night – If you are in town on Friday night, stop by WVUp All Night! This weekly student event features activities, games, food and giveaways – all FREE to our students and their guests. You can enjoy our PC Gaming Lounge, make DIY crafts or catch a movie. Bowling, billiards and virtual reality gaming are available in our Games Area. We’re serving snacks as well! No need to show anything – just tell the folks at the door that you are part of Decide WVU.
- Explore WVU! – Want to experience a full campus tour? Schedule your tour through our Visitors Center. Friday's tour times are 9:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- 7 p.m.-8 p.m. See the Stars! – Watch a free planetarium show at the WVU Planetarium & Observatory. Register in advance for the 7 p.m. Children's show We are the Guardians or the 8 p.m. Dynamic Earth.
Check-in, Breakfast, Plan Your Day
9:15 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Your check-in location is determined by the major you are admitted into.
You will be checking in at the Mountainlair.
Check-in begins at 9:15 a.m. Your check-in location will be at the Mountainlair in the commons area on the main floor, as you have indicated an interest in a major located on the downtown campus. Please park in the Mountainlair garage; parking staff will be available to help you. A light breakfast will be provided. We suggest that you wear comfortable clothes because you will be walking for a large portion of the day.Get Directions to the Mountainlair
You will be checking in at the Student Recreation Center.
Check-in begins at 9:15 a.m. Your check-in location will be at the Student Recreation Center on the main floor, as you have indicated an interest in a major located on the Evansdale campus. Please park in lots ST4, 49, 77 or ST9. Parking staff will be available to help you. A light breakfast will be provided. We suggest that you wear comfortable clothes because you will be walking for a large portion of the day.Get Directions to the Student Recreation Center
You will be checking in at the Mountaineer Station.
Check-in begins at 9:15 a.m. Your check-in location will be at Mountaineer Station on the main floor, as you have indicated an interest in a major located at the Heath Sciences Center. Please park in Area 81 in front of the Mountaineer Station. A light breakfast will be provided. We suggest that you wear comfortable clothes because you will be walking for a large portion of the day.Get Directions to Mountaineer Station
Your check-in location depends on the date you're attending.
Check-in begins at 9:15 a.m. Your check-in location depends on the date you're attending. A light breakfast will be provided on both days. We suggest that you wear comfortable clothes because you will be walking for a large portion of the day.
- March 25: Your check-in location will be at the Mountainlair in the commons area on the main floor.
- April 15: Your check-in location will be at the Student Recreation Center on the main floor.
Parking Information: Mountainlair
Please park in the Mountainlair garage; parking staff will be available to help you.Get Directions to the Mountainlair
Parking Information: Student Recreation Center
Student Recreation Center on the main floor, as you have indicated an interest in a major located on the Evansdale campus. Please park in lots ST4, 49, 77 or ST9. Parking staff will be available to help you.Get Directions to the Student Recreation Center
Welcome and Academic Sessions
10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Each academic college and school will hold its own welcome and academic session. Attend the session for the school or college that houses the major that you’ve been admitted into.
Paying for College Presentation
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Join us for this overview about all things billing and payment at WVU. We will discuss financial aid, payment plans, external funding resources and more. You will also learn how to navigate our systems for all the information you need and hear how the WVU Hub can prepare you for a successful start this fall.
Presentations will be offered at three locations:
- Downtown Area of Campus: Ming Hseih Hall, Room G20
- Evansdale Area of Campus: South Agricultural Sciences Building, Room 1021
- Health Sciences Area of Campus: Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, Okey Patteson Auditorium
11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Lunch is on us! Use the meal ticket you receive at check-in to enjoy lunch in the Mountainlair Eateries, Hatfields, Summit Café, Café Evansdale, World Of Wings at Evansdale Crossing and Chick-Fil-A at HSC Marketplace.
View Residence Halls (Self-Guided)
11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
All residence halls are open for viewing on your own (except for Boreman South, Seneca Hall and Stalnaker Hall). Simply hop on the bus, take the PRT or walk to any residence hall and a model room will be available.
Cookies and Conversations with Honors College - Visit Honors Hall or Lincoln Hall for sweet treats and to learn more about life in the Honors College from staff and students.
Pop-Up Offices: Admissions, Financial Aid, Housing
11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Mountaineer Room, 2nd Floor, Mountainlair
Get your questions answered, register for New Student Orientation and more! Pay your academic deposit (or housing deposit and get a deposit giveaway!), apply for housing, learn more about cost, payment and aid, etc.
You can also visit the WVU HUB on the 2nd Floor of the Evansdale Crossing to talk with Financial Aid.
Free Gift and Beverage
11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Grab a free gift and beverage at our Refresh box outside Mountainlair.
Rain location – Vandalia Lounge inside Mountainlair.
11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Greenbrier Room, 2nd floor, Mountainlair
Stop by the Parent Lounge and have your questions answered by our campus experts. We will have staff on hand from Student Life, University Police, Health & Wellness, Carruth Center for Counseling, Accessibility Services, WVU Dining and more.
University Police Department (UPD)
Safety is our top priority and we know that it’s yours as well. Meet with WVU police officers and get your questions answered about campus safety, crime reports and more.
Student Life/Dean of Students
Student Life is home to 500+ student organizations, including Adventure WV; Campus Recreation; Greek Life; the Center for Black Culture and Research and much more. Our Dean of Students, Corey Farris, will be available to talk about how your student can get involved before arriving in the fall.
Learn more about our wellness programs, which are designed to promote health and wellness for all WVU students. Including WellWVU; Campus Recreation; Collegiate Recovery and Student Health. Wellness experts will be available to talk about wellness services and available resources.
Carruth Center for Counseling and Psychological Services
We provide a variety of short-term counseling, psychological and outreach services to all WVU students. Families wanting advice on how to support their student’s emotional well-being can ask our Carruth Center experts for guidance.
All incoming freshmen living in a residence hall are required to have a dining plan. Stop by and learn about dining plans, nutrition and how we can support your student’s dietary needs.
The Office of Accessibility Services (OAS) is dedicated to enhancing the educational opportunities for students with temporary or permanent disabilities. Accessibility Specialists can walk you through the process of submitting documents, scheduling a one-on-one meeting with a Specialist and registering for services.
Campus and Community Life
Campus and Community Life services WVU’s student body by providing an umbrella of services for all students from NSO through Commencement. Units include Off-Campus Housing; Student Legal Services; Commuter Students; CARE Team and the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
ALEKS Math Placement
Talk with a representative about the ALEKS math placement assessment. You can ask about logging in, scheduling a time and completing the assessment. Your student will be able to register for the assessment in the Pop-Up Admissions Office located in the Mountaineer Room on the 2nd floor of the Mountainlair.
PRT Tours and Walking Tours
11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Join one of our tour leaders and get to see campus from the unique perspective of our PRT monorail system! Tours will run every 30 minutes and you’ll get to hear facts, stories, and trivia from our very own one-of-a-kind transportation. All aboard!
Join one of our tour leaders for a short walk around the Downtown Area of Campus or the Evansdale Area of campus. Tours will run every hour on the half-hour and you’ll be able to see a variety of buildings that you’ll be interacting with as a student while also getting key information.
These tours will be offered at two locations. Sign up at the tour table at each location:
- Downtown Area of Campus: 1st Floor of the Mountainlair
- Evansdale Area of Campus: 5th Floor of the Evansdale Crossing
Rec Center Tours
11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Student Recreation Center
Want to see all the ways you can break a sweat at our Student Rec Center (we're talking swimming pools, rock climbing walls, gym equipment, basketball courts, racquetball courts, squash courts, etc.)? Just swing by the Rec Center front desk and a staff member will give you a tour.
Student Involvement Fair
12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Mountainlair Ballrooms, 2nd Floor, Mountainlair
Stop by to talk with representatives from student support services and student-led clubs and organizations. We'll show you there's something for everyone — from Project 168 to Honors, Campus Rec, DEI, a huge variety of student clubs/orgs and even more!
See Student Life Resources, possible student organizations and so many more that will be available to talk with below:
- Adventure WV
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Campus Rec, Intramural Sports, and Club Sports Federation
- Career Services
- Carruth Center
- Center for Black Culture and Research
- Center for Community Engagement
- Collegiate Recovery
- Commuter Student Programs
- Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Education Abroad
- Honors College
- LGBTQ+ Center
- Project 168
- Purpose Center
- Student Engagement and Leadership
- Student Media
- WVUTeach Academic, Topical, and Professional Student Organizations
- Exercise Physiology Club
- WVU Forensic and Investigative Science Club Center for Fraternal Values and Leadership (CFVL)
- Interfraternity Council
- Panhellenic Association
- National Pan-Hellenic Council Politics and Advocacy Student Organizations
- Active Minds WVU
- Appalachian Advocacy Network
- Student Government Association Religious Student Organizations
- Delight Ministries
- Mountain Heights Church Student Organization Service Student Organizations
- A Moment of Magic
- Kesem at WVU
- WVU American Red Cross Club Sports, Recreation, and Hobbies Student Organizations
- Mountaineer Maniacs
- Student Dance Association
- WVU Star Wars Club
Questions about Decide WVU? Email us anytime.