Why am I required to take ALEKS regardless of prior standardized tests, placement testing or college-level course placement (such as AP, IB or dual enrollment)?
ALEKS is a tool utilized to determine math and science readiness. These courses are demanding and serve as foundational courses for many majors.
- ALEKS may advance your math standing vs. other assessments, which directly impacts matriculation and time to degree completion.
- Having an ALEKS score on file ensures correct placement should you decide to change your major, rather than relying on a previous placement that may not meet the required math or science benchmark.
- You may find that your preparedness has declined since taking elevated coursework, and the ALEKS assessment will help to define the best placement for your personalized learning path.
- ALEKS is designed to identify instructional gaps in college-prep curriculum.
- ALEKS offers an equitable assessment for all test takers that meets our New Student Orientation timeline for course scheduling.