We're here to help
Our recruiters are assigned by geographic market or specialized audience. Contact your WVU Regional Recruiter.
How to Connect with Us
Schedule a visit or online session
Contact your regional recruiter for in-person or virtual opportunities, such as:
- High school visits
- College fair representation
- Classroom presentations
- Panel sessions
- Application and next-step workshops
- Major and career exploration presentations
Request a counselor kit
Complete our registration form to receive a Mountaineer Counselor Kit.
Learn more about WVU
- Campus tour
- Residence halls - video tour, photos, amenities and location of each hall
- Scholarship estimator
- A quick video snapshot
- Join us on the Hobson’s Counselor Community.
- Sign up for Mountaineer Minute, our monthly admissions newsletter.
Can't find what you are looking for? Check our additional student resources or contact WVU Admissions.
Did you know? We have also collected our resources for students who are still exploring schools, admitted students and their families.
Resources for Students
Our most commonly requested information.
Application Fee Waivers
Students who visit campus (through one of our visitors centers) or who meet one of the following criteria are eligible for an application fee waiver:
- Received or is eligible to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver.
- Enrolled in a federal, state or local program that aids students from low-income families (Upward Bound or GEAR UP, for example).
- Lives in federally subsidized housing, a foster home or is homeless.
- Enrolled in or eligible to participate in the federal free or reduced lunch program.
- The family receives public assistance.
- Can provide a supporting statement from a school official, college access counselor, financial aid counselor or community leader.
- Annual family income falls within the income guidelines set by the USDA food and nutrition service.
- A ward of the state.
Students can simply check the qualifying reason on the WVU Application or Common Application.
Please contact your regional recruiter if you have concerns about a student who doesn’t automatically qualify for a fee waiver. Those who have visited campus and need a waiver code should also contact their WVU regional recruiter.
Application Fee Waiver Form Contact Regional Recruiter How to Enter a Fee Waiver
Career Pathways and Choosing a Major
WVU has over 140 undergraduate majors available for students. Students are strongly encouraged to apply into their major of choice since WVU Admissions will review a student’s application for their major first. If a student does not earn admission to their major, WVU Admissions will review the student’s file for an undecided major.
Help your student check out all of our career pathways! Visit the Career Pathways page and click on the desired pathway to learn about the possibilities on our campus.
Is your student interested in knowing what their academic experience could look like throughout their years on campus? Visit the majors list and click on a major so they can explore academic opportunities, student organizations, living-learning communities, popular courses and careers.
Forms for Admitted Students
Does your student need to change their major after applying? Want to defer their admission? Would you like to sign off on a fee waiver? There’s an online form for that!
Information for Underclassmen
For younger students and their families, our Career Pathway and Parent/Family info pages are great places to discover ideas for majors and start becoming familiar with the college application process.
Important Dates and Information
Help your students stay on track for enrollment.
- Aug. 1: Application opens
- Oct. 1: FAFSA opens
- Oct. 3: Housing Application opens
- Mar. 1: FAFSA Priority Deadline
- Apr. 1: Honors College Application Deadline
- June: New Student Orientation
- Jun. 1: First-time freshmen must be admitted by June 1 to qualify for merit scholarships. Test scores and GPA information submitted for already admitted students is not automatically applied to merit.
- Admissions Forms (for applicants and admits)
- Accessibility Services Application (for admits)
- FAFSA School Code: 003827
- SAT Code: 5904
- ACT Code: 4540
- TOEFL Code: 5904
Have questions? Feedback? A request for how we can better serve you? Contact the Regional Recruitment Team and tell us more!