How to Register and Take the ALEKS Math Assessment
The ALEKS request form will be available later in the fall for those entering in the spring, summer or fall of 2024.
Steps to Complete
- If you haven't already done so, set up your WVU Portal. Then watch a video for an introduction to ALEKS. Learn what students and parents can expect from the assessment.
- Submit the request form to be added to the online eCampus course for ALEKS. For questions about the ALEKS request form, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests will be processed within 2-3 business days. You will receive an email to your WVU MIX account from email@example.com with further instructions and details.
- Follow directions in your email to access the practice assessment and all placement materials through the 2023-2024 ALEKS Placement course in eCampus. You can access eCampus through either portal.wvu.edu or ecampus.wvu.edu.
- Complete the practice assessment. Once the practice assessment is finished, you will be placed into a set of learning modules. These are encouraged, but not required.
- Complete your PROCTORED attempt. This means you are on camera and using the Respondus LockDown Browser.
To learn more and prepare for the ALEKS assessment, visit the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences math placement site.
Accessibility and Academic Integrity
High school IEP and 504 plans do not apply to ALEKS testing. You may inquire with the Office of Accessibility and request accommodations by submitting an application.
WVU adheres to the highest standards related to academic integrity. There is no benefit to inflating or deflating your abilities on the ALEKS math assessment. Incorrect placement can delay graduation and negatively affect your GPA. Dishonest work on this assessment may be cause for sanctions.
We're here to help every step of the way.
Have questions about your next steps? Or about submitting your deposit? Your WVU admissions counselor is an expert on these topics (and many more, so ask them anything!). And it’s literally their job to chat with you! Reach out to them any time.
Student Call Center
No one knows us like our students! Our student ambassadors have been in your shoes. They know what it’s like starting this gold-and-blue journey packed with possibilities. Talk with them about whatever you’d like — student life, living on campus, getting involved, making friends, Mountaineer traditions, etc.
Office of Admissions
Our Admissions staff can assist with any questions or issues you encounter as you continue the steps to enroll. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (except for University holidays). Call us at 304-293-2121 or fill out our contact form.